12. During contraction of skeletal muscle, which of the following does not change in length?
13. Which component of an intercalated disc provides an attachment site for actin filaments in cardiac muscle?
(A) Sarcoplasmic reticulum
(B) Zonula occludens
(C) Fascia adherens
(D) Gap junction
(E) Tight junction
14. In the peripheral nervous system, which of the following helps promote regeneration of severed axons?
(B) Schraidt-Lanterman cleft
(D) Node of Ranvier
15. What is the first site of hematopoiesis in utero?
(C) Bone marrow
16. Which of the following cells are found in the neurohypophysis?
(A) Paraventricular cells
(E) Chromaffin cells
17. Your patient displays large patches of skin lacking pigmentation. You interpret these observations to be characteristic of a patient with
(B) Dysplastic nevi
18. Which hormone increases bicarbonate release into the lumen of the gastrointestinal tract?
19. In the GI tract, where are the cells that secrete antibacterial enzymes?
(A) In Peyer patches
(B) On intestinal villi
(C) In crypts of Lieberkuhn
(D) In the lamina propria
20. In the kidney, which cells produce erythropoietin?
(A) Mesangial cells
(B) Juxtaglomerular cells
(D) Macula densa ceUs
(E) Henle loop cells
2J. The electron micrograph below illustrates part of a cell that is most likely found in the
22. In the electron micrograph below, the structure at "C"
(A) synthesizes steroid hormones
(B) packages proteins bound for export
(C) contains enzymes used in the electron transport chain
(D) synthesizes albumin to be secreted to the space of Disse
(E) stores vitamin A
Was this article helpful?
This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.