a. Breakdown due to improper storage.
c. Loss of moisture.
d. High temperature.
f. Gain in moisture.
g. Chill injury.
21. In which of the following is an inspector more likely to find pink, blue, or black mold?
c. Jelly, jam, or preserves.
22. Sulfide stinker spoilage cannot be identified by swelling of a container. In which of the following is the inspector more likely to find this condition?
a. Canned fruit.
b. Canned meat.
c. Canned tomatoes.
d. Canned corn.
e. Canned grapefruit.
23. What microorganism causes fermentation in bottled sauces and in tomato products such as catsup?
a. Bacillus stearothermophilus.
b. Saccharomyces bailii.
c. Lactobacillus lycopersici.
d. Clostridium pasteurianum.
e. Lactobacillus fructivorans.
24. Butryric fermentation is more likely to be found in:
a. Canned grapefruit.
b. Fruit juice.
c. Canned green beans or green peas.
e. Canned tomatoes.
25. Thermophilic anaerobe (TA) spoilage is indicated by swelling and, commonly, by the bursting of the container. An example of such a sporeforming microorganism is:
a. Clostridium thermosaccharolyticum.
b. Byssochamys fulva.
c. Clostridium perfringens.
d. Bacillus stearothermophilus.
e. Bacillus cereus.
26. Select the change in texture that usually occurs in emulsified products and is due to storage at high temperatures.
27. Select the change in texture of a product that results from the loss of moisture due to improper storage conditions.
c. Lack of crispness.
28. Select the change in texture of a product that is the result of a gain in moisture.
29. If an inspector opens a container that has botulism contamination, the odor that is produced is:
d. That of rotten eggs.
30. Veterinary Surveillance Inspection of Subsistence is the title of:
b. DPSC Manual 4155.7.
Was this article helpful?
Acai, Maqui And Many Other Popular Berries That Will Change Your Life And Health. Berries have been demonstrated to be some of the healthiest foods on the planet. Each month or so it seems fresh research is being brought out and new berries are being exposed and analyzed for their health giving attributes.