1. Streilein JW (1995) Unraveling immune privilege. Science 270:1158-1159
2. Ohta K,Wiggert B, Taylor AW, Streilein JW (1999) Effects of experimental ocular inflammation on ocular immune privilege. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2010-2018
3. Willermain F, Caspers-Velu L, Nowak B, Stordeur P, Mosselmans R, Salmon I, Velu T, Bruyns C (2002) Retinal pigment epithelial cells phagocytosis of T lymphocytes: possible implication in the immune privilege of the eye. Br J Ophthalmol 86:1417-1421
4. Griffith TS, Brunner T, Fletcher SM, Green DR, Ferguson TA (1995) Fas ligand-induced apoptosis as a mechanism of immune privilege. Science 270:1189-1192
5. Boyd SR, Young S, Lightman S (2001) Im-munopathology of the noninfectious posterior and intermediate uveitides. Surv Ophthalmol 46:
6. Caspi RR (1999) Immune mechanisms in uveitis. Springer Semin Immunopathol 21:113-124
7. Caspi RR (2002) Th1 and Th2 responses in patho-genesis and regulation of experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis. Int Rev Immunol 21:197-208
8. Pennesi G, Caspi RR (2002) Genetic control of susceptibility in clinical and experimental uveitis. Int Rev Immunol 21:67-88
9. Chan CC,Mochizuki M,Nussenblatt RB,Palestine AG, McAllister C, Gery I, Benezra D (1985) Lym-phocyte-T subsets in experimental autoimmune uveitis. Clin Immunol Immunopathol 35:103-110
10. Wacker WB, Donoso LA, Kalsow CM, Yankeelov JA, Organisciak DT (1977) Experimental allergic uveitis - isolation, characterization, and localization of a soluble uveito-pathogenic antigen from bovine retina. J Immunol 119:1949-1958
11. Fox GM, Kuwabara T, Wiggert B, Redmond TM, Hess HH, Chader GJ, Gery I (1987) Experimental autoimmune uveoretinitis (EAU) induced by retinal interphotoreceptor retinoid-binding protein (IRBP): differences between EAU induced by IRBP and by S-antigen. Clin Immunol Im-munopathol 43:256-264
12. Adamus G, Chan CC (2002) Experimental autoimmune uveitides: multiple antigens, diverse diseases. Int Rev Immunol 21:209-229
13. Keltner JL, Thirkill CE (1998) Cancer-associated retinopathy vs recoverin-associated retinopathy. Am J Ophthalmol 126:296-302
14. Gery I, Chanaud NP III, Anglade E (1994) Recov-erin is highly uveitogenic in Lewis rats. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 35:3342-3345
Was this article helpful?
Rosacea and Eczema are two skin conditions that are fairly commonly found throughout the world. Each of them is characterized by different features, and can be both discomfiting as well as result in undesirable appearance features. In a nutshell, theyre problems that many would want to deal with.