The technology and clinical evidence surrounding MRSI continues to evolve, but possible indications include—
• Local staging and detection of capsular involvement
• One or more negative prostate biopsies and a rising PSA; MRSI may assist in directing biopsies
• Detect local recurrence or residual tumor
• Help discriminate whether post-treatment pelvic mass is benign or malignant
• Can aid treatment planning by improving cancer localization prior to external beam radiotherapy or brachytherapy
• Monitor/predict tumor response
Was this article helpful?