European Society for Cardiology Task Force on Aortic Dissection
The European Society for Cardiology proposed a new classification based on Task Force on Aortic Dissection:
• Type I - Classical aortic dissection
• Type II - Intramural haemorrhage
• Type III - Subtle/discrete aortic dissection
• Type IV - Plaque rupture, ulceration
• Type V - Traumatic/iatrogenic dissection .
- Fig. 4.2.2 DSA. Type A (DeBakey type II) aortic dissection localized at the ascending aorta with huge regurgitation
Obviously these arbitrary classifications do not cover all the very variable forms of aortic dissection, but they help orientation in the pathomorphology of this disease and also decision-making on treatment tactics.
- Fig. 4.2.3 Type A (DeBakey type II) aortic dissection localized at the ascending aorta with involvement of the innominate and common carotid arteries
- Fig. 4.2.4 Type A aortic dissection. Huge false and compromised true lumen at the aortic arch with refenestration
Was this article helpful?
Get All The Support And Guidance You Need To Be A Success At Dealing With Diabetes The Healthy Way. This Book Is One Of The Most Valuable Resources In The World When It Comes To Learning How Nutritional Supplements Can Control Sugar Levels.
Get My Free Ebook