1. The incidence of extracolonic findings is high, but the majority of patients will have benign disease.
2. Older and symptomatic patients are more likely to have significant extra-colonic findings compared to a younger screening population.
3. A minority of patients will undergo medical or surgical treatment for previously undiagnosed extracolonic findings.
4. The technique of CTC, using low dose and no IV contrast, however results in possible false negative as well false positive diagnosis.
5. And finally, further studies are needed to evaluate the influence on mortality, morbidity, patients well-being, as well as economic impact, related to incidentally diagnosed extra-colonic findings.
Was this article helpful?
Stop The Pain. Manage Your Diverticular Disease And Live A Pain Free Life. No Pain, No Fear, Full Control Normal Life Again. Diverticular Disease can stop you from doing all the things you love. Seeing friends, playing with the kids... even trying to watch your favorite television shows.