For each patient with a foot problem, choose the most likely diagnosis.
361. A patient with hallux valgus develops lateral displacement of the extensor and flexor hallucis longustendons. (CHOOSE 1 DIAGNOSIS)
362. A long-distance runner develops foot pain with exercise. (CHOOSE 1 DIAGNOSIS)
363. A patient develops painful swelling of the first metatarsopha-langeal joint. (CHOOSE 1 DIAGNOSIS)
For each patient with a joint complaint, choose the most likely diagnosis.
a. Reflex sympathetic dystrophy b. Ankylosing spondylitis c. Reiter syndrome d. Hypertrophic osteoarthropathy e. Charcot joint
364. A 67-year-old man with lung cancer presents with metacar-pophalangeal joint pain. On physical examination, there is pain on moving his fingers and a spongy sensation when palpating the proximal aspects of the fingernails. (CHOOSE 1 DIAGNOSIS)
365. An 18-year-old man presents with a history of low back pain that awakens him from sleep. He also complains of morning stiffness and decreased mobility. The pain does not improve with activity. Schober test is positive. (CHOOSE 1 DIAGNOSIS)
Was this article helpful?
Are Headaches Taking Your Life Hostage and Preventing You From Living to Your Fullest Potential? Are you tired of being given the run around by doctors who tell you that your headaches or migraines are psychological or that they have no cause that can be treated? Are you sick of calling in sick because you woke up with a headache so bad that you can barely think or see straight?