• Cranial nerves involved in Ramsay-Hunt syndrome: 7th and 8th CN
• Facial palsy + herpes zoster of the face: think Ramsay-Hunt syndrome
• Third cranial nerve palsy + pupil sparing: think diabetes or hypertension
• Third cranial nerve palsy + dilated pupil: think compression by a tumor or aneurysm
• Third cranial nerve palsy + 5 th nerve palsy: think tumor/aneurysm/thrombosis in the cavernous sinus
• Triad of NORMAL PRESSURE HYDROCEPHALUS: weird, wet, and wobbly
1. Altered mentation/dementia ("weird")
2. Urinary incontinence ("wet")
3. Ataxic gait ("wobbly")
Was this article helpful?
Headache Happiness! Stop Your Headache BEFORE IT STARTS. How To Get Rid Of Your Headache BEFORE It Starts! The pain can be AGONIZING Headaches can stop you from doing all the things you love. Seeing friends, playing with the kids... even trying to watch your favorite television shows. And just think of how unwelcome headaches are while you're trying to work.