1. Prepare dephosphorylated DNA solution (at 0.1 pmol/pL; see Note 11) in 10 mM Tris-HCl, pH 9.5,1 mM spermidine, and 0.1 mMEDTA (IX buffer A).
2. Denature the DNA by placing tube in a boiling water bath for 3 min.
3. Briefly spin tube in an Eppendorf centrifuge (hill speed, 2 s), then quickly chill on ice, and rapidly add 2 pL of buffer B.
4. Add 2-5 U of polynucleotide kinase.
5. Add 3 pL of y-PPl-ATP, and sterile distilled water to a 20-pL final vol.
7. Proceed to the hybridization step (Section 3.4.; see Note 12).
Was this article helpful?